Our founders, John Delaney and Steve Case, launched Revolution Acceleration Acquisition Corp to focus on value creation opportunities at the intersection of two important – and accelerating – trends.
First, the impact of government policies on our economic and environmental systems will continue to grow and public policy will increasingly affect the behavior and growth prospects of businesses and the overall ability of investors to generate returns.
Second, rapid technological innovation, a shift to sustainability and clean energy, and the global pandemic will accelerate the adoption of the digital economy, alter individual and business behavior, create new ways of providing healthcare, energy and government services, and incentivize the building of domestic supply chains. These changes will disrupt sectors and markets, reframe investment priorities and usher in an era of increased collaboration.
Our team has the policy experience, technology and industry insights, relationships, and business building expertise that can drive value for our partners against the backdrop of these transformative – and ultimately positive – trends.
We look forward to partnering with entrepreneurs and investors to help build truly great companies.
- Berkshire Grey Completes Business Combination with Revolution Acceleration Acquisition Corp and Will Begin Trading on Nasdaq Under the Symbol “BGRY” | 7.21.21
- Revolution Acceleration Acquisition Corp and Berkshire Grey Announce Filing of Definitive Proxy Statement/Prospectus and the July 20, 2021 Special Meeting to Approve Business Combination | 6.28.21
- Berkshire Grey to Present at the UBS Global Industrials and Transportation Virtual Conference on June 8, 2021 | 6.7.21
- Berkshire Grey Accelerates Company Momentum In 2021 | 5.12.21
- Berkshire Grey, a Leader in AI-Enabled Robotics and Automation Solutions, Announces Business Combination with Revolution Acceleration Acquisition Corp | 2.24.21
- Revolution Acceleration Acquisition Corp Announces Pricing of $250 Million Initial Public Offering | 12.7.20
John Delaney, our Chief Executive Officer, is a seasoned entrepreneur and executive with an extensive history and experience in deal making and capital markets experience. John has successful public market experience. By the age of 40, John founded and led as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer two New York Stock Exchange listed companies. In 1993, John founded HealthCare Financial Partners, Inc. (“Healthcare”), which provided loans to small to mid-sized healthcare service companies. Under John’s leadership, Healthcare completed its initial public offering in 1996 and was sold in 1999 for $483 million. During its period as a public entity, HealthCare grew revenues and market capitalization by 6.0x, and 6.2x, respectively. In 2000, John founded CapitalSource Inc. (“CapitalSource”), which provided loans to a wide range of mid-sized businesses. John served as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of CapitalSource until his decision to pursue public office in January 2012. By that time, CapitalSource had LTM revenues over $500 million, representing a 3.4x increase since its initial public offering, and a market capitalization of approximately $2.0 billion.
John also represented Maryland for six years in the U.S. House of Representatives where he was a member of the Financial Services, Joint Economic and Steering and Policy Committees and was Co-President of his freshman class of 85 new members. In 2019, John stepped down from Congress to run for the Democratic nomination for President of the United States. John is currently the Executive Chairman of Congressional Bancshares, Inc., a community bank operating several specialty lending businesses.
Steve Case, a director and one of our founders, is the founder of Revolution, where he serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. In his capacity as a Founding Partner and member of the investment committees of Revolution Growth, Revolution Ventures and Rise of the Rest Seed Fund, Steve partners with visionary entrepreneurs to help them develop new businesses with long-term growth potential.
Steve’s entrepreneurial career began in 1985 when he co-founded AOL. Under his leadership, AOL reached a peak market capitalization of more than $200 billion. AOL was the first Internet company to go public and delivered more than 11,000 percent return to public stockholders in the 1990s. In 2000, Steve negotiated the merger of AOL and Time Warner in a transaction that gave AOL stockholders a majority stake in the combined company. To facilitate the merger, Steve agreed to become Chairman of the combined entity.
Steve’s passion for helping entrepreneurs remains his driving force in leading Revolution and in his civic activities. He served as the Chairman of the Startup America Partnership — an effort launched by President Obama to accelerate high-growth entrepreneurship throughout the nation. He was a vocal advocate of the JOBS (Jumpstart Our Business Startups) Act, which reformed certain U.S. securities laws in an effort to increase access to capital markets by small businesses, and is active in advocating on behalf of immigration reform. Steve launched his Rise of the Rest initiative in 2015, a nationwide effort to work closely with entrepreneurs in emerging startup ecosystems.
- SPACS are a Great Alternative for Tech: Vinod Khosla Talks Berkshire Grey on Bloomberg, July 2021
- Khosla Ventures Founder Discusses on CNBC How Berkshire Grey Helps Companies Compete, July 2021
- Berkshire Grey Accelerates With New Orders And Increased Backlog, July 2021
- Berkshire Grey Secures $23+ Million Order For Grocery Picking Robots, July 2021
- Berkshire Grey Expands with New Robotics Innovation Center and Headquarters, July 2021
- Revolution Acceleration Acquisition Corp and Berkshire Grey to Hold Virtual Investor Day on Tuesday, July 13th at 1 p.m. ET, June 2021
- Berkshire Grey Unveils Next Generation of Intelligent Enterprise Robotic Picking and Advanced Mobility Solutions to Accelerate Fulfillment, June 2021
- Berkshire Grey Sets May 2021 Investor Event Schedule, May 2021
- TechCrunch: The fulfilling world of warehouse robotics, May 2021
- Berkshire Grey: Changing the World with Intelligent Enterprise Robotics, May 2021
- SoftBank Robotics and SB Logistics Partner with Berkshire Grey to Develop the World’s Most Advanced Automated eCommerce Fulfillment Operation, April 2021
- Berkshire Grey Named to 2021 Forbes list of America’s Best Startup Employers, March 2021
- Berkshire Grey Named to 2021 Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies List for Robotics, March 2021
- Axios Re:Cap Podcast with Dan Primack: Former Presidential Candidate John Delaney on his Giant Robot SPAC Deal, February 2021
- Wall Street Journal: Warehouse Robotics Provider Berkshire Grey to Go Public Through SPAC Deal, February 2021